Friday, October 25, 2013

calling all superheroes

Sorry I have been a little MIA lately. I just finished a big event for work.... and I thought I would share it and the great cause I work for with all of you! 

Register for the Superhero Run

This past weekend we hosted our very first Superhero Run at CITYCENTRE Houston! We had over 600 little and big superheroes out to run/walk in either the 5k or 1k. Through this event we raised $90,000 alone which will help us to be a hero for even more of Harris County's littlest victims. It was just so much fun and the little superheroes were just too cute! 





A huge thank you to the team below and many others that helped put it all together!!

Jeff Cotner, Sonya Galvan, Angie Henderson and me (it was very windy & cold...please excuse the hair :))
You can see all of the pictures by clicking here

For those of you that don't know I work at Child Advocates, Inc. in Houston as the Special Events Manager. I love my job! Everyday is different and everyday the work I do contributes to raising funds and awareness for Harris County's abused and neglected children who would otherwise not have a voice. Child Advocates recruits, trains, and supports volunteer advocates that speak up for children that are in foster care. These advocates remain the one constant in that child's life while finding them a safe and permanent home where they can thrive. I urge you to visit our website to find out more about how you can get involved in our mission here in Houston or at a local chapter near you. 



Happy Friday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment