Tuesday, March 11, 2014

making old new again...

We all have them laying around...and old piece of furniture that was handed down, is outdated, has sentimental value but just doesn't quite fit in your home as is, or even that one piece you have from college when you took just about anything you could get...Whats there to do with it?!?



Repaint, restain, redo! 

 I was asked to do "redo" this dresser for my sweet new nephew or niece due in the next few weeks! My sister in law found a great piece in Roudtop but baby blue wasn't going to work for her! She sent me a few inspiration pics and I started the search for paint.

Here is before:
It is hard to tell but this is baby blue chalk paint.

 This Annie Sloan paint was suggested, but I have used Sherwin Williams paint on some other pieces I have done so I went with the closest color I could find. I ended up using Functional Gray. After the 50 shades of gray saga I ended up having a sample can of that color and got started. 



You can see here where the gray started on the right.

When I was done painting with the flat gray I started with a decorative glaze on the drawers:


before (left) and after glaze (right)

After a few layers of glaze and destressing...

I am pretty pleased with the finish product! :) 


If you are interested in doing this yourself and have more questions or have a piece you would like help with please don't hesitate to ask! 

Happy Tuesday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment